fbpx

Reply: Experience Requirements

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Experience Requirements

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
8 years 1 month ago #6955

Jeremy Papp

I think a response was edited into your post, but yes if the work experience follows the definition of a project (has a defined start and end date and produces the delivery of a product or service) it should qualify. It's important to list all of the activities using PMBOK language and terms, and as the response indicates, do be careful not to include operations activities.

Jeremy
8 years 1 month ago #6952

SCOTT MILLER

I am currently working through the PM Prepcast lessons and am beginning to document my experience.

For the past few years, I have been employed as a Sales Director in the telecommunications industry. My daily responsibilities have included leading a team responsible for initiating, planning and executing customer projects. These projects revolved around the replacement or enhancement of the customer’s voice and data networks.

Do sales activities, such as this, qualify for the experience requirement? I do not want to use this experience for the 4500 hour requirement if it will be rejected.

Thank you

Scott Miller

Dear Scott,

Yes, you are qualified to use the time you have used in those projects for your project experience. So far those "projects" respect the project concept (unicity, scope, time, budget, risk, quality, schedule, etc) yes you can use them. But be careful to do not use recurrent and operational activities.
Hope the above helps.
Best regards and good luck

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login