fbpx

Reply: PMP exam Prep

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMP exam Prep

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
8 years 3 weeks ago #7069

Rahul Kakkar

Hi Carroll,

Perhaps this is one of the most frequently asked question about PMP. The thought of having to remember them may deter many PMP aspirants! I did not even think of memorizing the ITTOs during my 3-month study period. I have memorized all the processes and process groups but not the individual ITTOs. I just try hard to understand the major ITTOs for each process, I keep asking myself: why they are here, what they are and what they do. With these 3 questions, you will be able to mentally glue the major and crucial ITTOs to the processes. It is true that the PMP exam in NOT a test of your memory but your skills in applying the project management knowledge.

Good luck with your preparation! Keep us posted on your progress :)
8 years 3 weeks ago #7068

Chris Preziotti

Hi Carroll,

Understanding the ITTOs (not simply rote memorization), as you mentioned, is very important for passing the exam. To be more specific, I'd say that understanding the major ITTOs for each process is most important. The goal is to be able to call out a particular process (or, lets say, have a friend quiz you on a process) and then list off the major inputs, tools and techniques, and outputs (not necessarily every ITTO). From reading Rita and listening to the PrepCast you should have an idea of which ITTOs are highlighted for each process (and, conversely, which ones are less important). For me, practicing aloud or with someone else reinforcing the understanding and quickens the learning process.
8 years 1 month ago #6957

Tracey South

Thank you for emphasizing the importance of understanding concepts versus memorization. Good luck with your studies.

Tracey
8 years 1 month ago #6951

Michael DeCicco

Carroll, many others agree with you about the education resources you point out.

I am glad you wrote about the ITTO. You will find several people on the forum have said the same thing. I know memorization is not easy, but it helps if you can do it. Although the key to the exam is understanding step to step relationships. So if you can memorize, and when you study a lot, it kind of just happens, then you'll also acquire the second nature understanding that will come in handy on the exam.
8 years 1 month ago #6950

C. George Morris PMP CSM ITIL

This is FYI for anyone preparing for the PMP like me.

I've been using the PMP exam prep simulator since yesterday after doing the prepcast exam prep course, as well as recommended books for pretty heavy studying the last 3 months. I've learned to trust Prepcast and Rita Mulcahy as the best preparation after also reviewing Andy Crowe, Kim Heidman and Head First. Prepcast has been the anchor for me, however It is clear that more emphasis should be placed on understanding ITTO for the exam as many questions rely on an understanding (note. not memorization). for correctly answering the questions.

I thought I was reasonably close, but it's back to the books for me on ITTO. The exam simulator cannot be over emphasized and for my part I wish I had started using it earlier to better understand my weak areas.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login