fbpx

Reply: New study material

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : New study material

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
8 years 3 months ago #6853

Stephen Brownell

I found a really good updated study guide from a site called Edwel. They have a free full length study guide with the updated material/areas.
I'm not advanced enough for Rita. That was to vertical for me. The Edwel I really like. I have heard that Andy Crowe is good as well as it simplifies the information.

I have to say that I will be watching 4 ....pm precast podcasts a day....over and over if necessary and using the pmprepcast engine for my tests.
They work for me. The evm I watch over and over picking up little pieces every time I watch it. I also bought the formula questions and this time I refuse to be rushed. I'll take 3 months or more to study and test if necessary.

Once I am spot on with the formulas and my scores are 75 to 80 for the 200 question exams on average I will sit again.

The first one was just a mad dash to beat the test date change and I was not ready. It was worth it though. The experience and knowing what it will be like the second time around. I feel The money spent means nothing compared to the achievement.
8 years 3 months ago #6838

Cecil D'Souza

Tom

Sorry to hear about your attempt. Anyway, you can always try again and be better prepared. I did not want to rush to do the exam for fear that I was not well prepared. I don't think that there is a new PMBOK version because it is the same for the new exam as well. However, there are 8 new tasks added and there will be some amount of change particularly with regard to Stakeholders and their responsibility. In fact, I am not even sure who is responsible for the signing of the Project Charter. Is it the sponsor or the Stakeholders chosen by the PM to be part of the Sr. Project Team.

Please share your experience about the exam and your preparation so that we can learn and make changes to the strategy and approach while preparing for the exam.
8 years 3 months ago #6835

Thomas Sheard

I failed my first pmp 1-7-16. Since I now have to take the new test is there a new PMBOK out? My one year application date expires 3-17-16 so I need to start studying asap.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login