fbpx

Reply: Squence of process flow steps for the 47 processes

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Squence of process flow steps for the 47 processes

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
8 years 2 months ago #6864

Cecil D'Souza

Here is a DFD of all the processes and how they interact that I found online. Permission is granted to use and publish so long as the website in the DFD is retained.

(Note: Attachments removed by Admin. Both items are considered to be "derivative products" that are developed based on the PMBOK Guide, which requires a license contract from PMI.)
8 years 2 months ago #6800

Cecil D'Souza

Hello

I am looking for the logical sequence of steps (process flow) for the 47 processes. I know that it is not just available in the PMBOK apart from the Data flow diagrams that are available for each Process but that has not been every helpful. Yes, Rita's book has the planning process groups processes laid out but that is not enough to know how the entire process ties into the others sequentially or interactively.

I had a question from the Simulator regarding a PM working on a project and who had completed the Risk identification and Quantitative analysis tasks. The question was 'what does he need to do next'?

I looked through the forum postings and found a couple of posts mostly answered by Jonathan and Puneet Singh. Here is an excerpt of what this example describes on Change Requests.

Once a change request is approved by ICCB, the result is updated in the Change log and then the Project Management Plan is updated. In Direct and Manage Work, ALL work is executed based on Project Management Plan (Project Files not Project Document).

The Approved change request is implemented by Direct and Manage project work. However, the results are validated by Control Quality. Approved change requests are input to Control quality also.
Approved changes that result from the Perform Integrated Change Control process require validation to ensure that the change was appropriately implemented.
Validated changes from Control Quality are logged in Work Performance reports in Monitor and Control Project Work. These Work Performance reports are input to Manage Communications and distributed as Project Communications.
So if you are project stakeholder you will be updated of a change that was implemented successfully at this stage.

Thank you for your help.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login