fbpx

Reply: Am I on the right track?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Am I on the right track?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
8 years 2 months ago #6883

Ahmed Amin

Congratulations John, Well done.
8 years 2 months ago #6834

John Pelletier

Chris and Tracey, I passed!! 4P 1MP. Thanks for your input. It was a huge help.
8 years 3 months ago #6713

Tracey South

John,

I am probably staying the obvious but just in case....one thing to look for is a trend in your practise exam results. If you are consistently getting the same type of questions incorrect, consider doing a focused study session on just those topics that seem to be trippng you up. You are almost there. Good luck.

Tracey
8 years 3 months ago #6701

John Pelletier

Great advise. Thanks Chris!
8 years 3 months ago #6653

Chris Preziotti

Hi John,

If you're using the 80% guideline for your exam preparedness, you really aren't too far off! And if you're doing brain dumps and flashcards, you're probably already good-to-go on the process chart, vocabulary, and formulas (just make sure you're completely comfortable with using the formulas so that the math questions become easy wins).

What I'd focus on in this final stretch is truly knowing the processes. Sure, you may be able to draw up the process chart in your brain dump, but can you speak to the inter-relatedness of the processes, i.e. the hand-offs from one process to another? I'm not recommending memorizing all the ITTOs, but definitely understand the MAJOR inputs, outputs, tools and techniques, and how these components relate to other processes. It's all about patterns: As an example, examine how work performance data/information/reports and change requests float around as inputs and outputs of many processes, and challenge yourself to find other patterns. Also, you'll find that if you practice explaining these processes out loud, you'll tend to notice more knowledge gaps. Write these knowledge gaps down and then research in your Rita book.

Hope this helps, and let me know if you have any other questions!

Cheers,
Chris
8 years 3 months ago #6638

John Pelletier

Hello folks.

I'm starting to wonder if I'm going to make it. I've been working hard and putting in a good amount of time for the past 4 month: pm prepcast, PMBOK guide, Rita, miscellaneous websites, flashcards, brain dumps. For the past 5 weeks I have put aside Saturday to do a full exam in the PMP Exam Simulator. After the exam I work through the results and focus on weak areas and prepare for the next exam. I had a nice improvement after the first exam, but the next 4 have been mediocre with little improvement. Scores 75%, 76%, 77%, 77%. I've read numerous articles/posts that say I should consistently be in 80's before attempting to take the real exam. My exam is scheduled for 1/9 and the clock is ticking.

I'm thinking that I just need to put my head down, work, and take the test no matter what - especially since it is changing.

Should I change my approach? Am I doing the right thing? Any advise would be appreciated.

Thank you.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login