fbpx

Reply: Need Help

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Need Help

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
8 years 3 months ago #6629

Tracey South

No problem Jeremy!

I believe my response was to encourage NM to practise writing out their brain dump to lock in the processes and formulas while preparing them for some time management during their exam.

Tracey
8 years 3 months ago #6619

Jeremy Papp

First off, sorry Tracey, I errant clicked 'delete' on you reply! My apologies.
I agree that getting the simulator and doing as many exams as possible is going to help. Do revisit each question you not only got wrong, but also didn't feel you answered confidently. Make sure you understand why the answer is what it is. If you're doing this well, your scores should improve. The formulas and brain dump are highly recommended too. They helped me immensely.
8 years 3 months ago #6600

Jay Fitzgerald

I would give Rita's book another pass through. If you have the Rita's FastTrack disc, you may want to take the simulated exams she has on the disc. You can take a simulated PMP or take exams by knowledge area. I agree with John that you will have to get at least 80% or better in order for you to be successful on the actual PMP exam. You may also need to purchase PM Simulator from Cornelius Fitchner's website. You can take knowledge are quizzes and also 9 full 200 question exams and record you progress in score throughout those exams.

The good thing is that you have almost 3 weeks to get this done.
8 years 3 months ago #6591

John C.

's Avatar

Hi NM

As I didn't prepare using Rita's book, I can't speak too well to the resource's effectiveness, however I will say that you should be truly understanding the inherent concepts, processes and how they all work with one another, as best as you can, no matter what resource you're studying from. Memorization is not key to passing this exam, a full comprehensive understanding of all the processes is. The formulas are something you should be memorizing though, as they will be quite important to know during your exam. It took me months of preparation, along with failing on my first attempt, until I passed on my second attempt in October. Not sure what resource you're using to take your mock exams, but I would highly recommend that you purchase the PMP PrepCast Exam Simulator, as the questions are excellent (very close to the actual exam) and the exams are timed as well, just as the real exam will be. There are other choices out there you can choose from, but that's just what I used in preparation for my second attempt at taking the exam. Also, I can NOT stress enough that you should spend as much time reviewing each mock exam you take (all correct and incorrect questions) so that you can truly understand why you got what you got wrong, as well as further understanding why you got what you got right. The review alone is a great study tool, depending on what resource you're taking your mock exams off of. Again, PMP Prepcast Exam Simulator is great for this sort of prep!

Concerning scores on the mock exams, I definitely suggest that you get to the point of scoring nothing below 80% "consistently" on timed full 200 question exams (from a reputable source) before going in and taking the exam. Will this be your first attempt at taking the exam? The next few weeks will no doubt be very intense for you, considering the exam is on the 26th, however if you take heed to some of the suggestions above, it should surely help with improving your scores.

John
8 years 3 months ago #6574

NM

's Avatar

my exam is on 12/26/2015 8am
what I have done till now

1. 1 pass of Rita PMP
2. overall pass of PMBOK
3. I always consistently score 55% in any test I give.

what should be my plan to success?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login