fbpx

Reply: Do i qualify for PMP or CAPM

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Do i qualify for PMP or CAPM

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
8 years 3 months ago #6571

Tracey South

Hi Jef:

From the PMI handbook, here are the formal requirements in the experience category:

Minimum three years/36 months unique non-overlapping professional project management experience during which at least 4,500 hours were spent leading and directing the project*

**Leading and directing the project as identified with the tasks, knowledge, and skills specific in the Project Management Professional Examination Content Outline. You should have experience in all five process groups across all your project management experience submitted on the application. However, on a single project, you do not need to have experience in all five process groups.

Use that as a baseline to determine if you are eligible to apply for the PMP. You are definitely eligible for the CAPM designation.

Refer to both the PMP and CAPM handbooks on the PMI site to help with your decision making.

Tracey
8 years 4 months ago #6559

Jef

's Avatar

Do i qualify for the PMP certification or the CAPM?
I have over 17 years of IT Experience. I have a Bachelors Degree and MBA, I also have the following IT Certifications A+, Network+, Linux+, RHCSA, VCP, MCSA, CISSP. Over the last 5 years i have been a senior IT Engineer that has worked on all sorts of IT Projects. With these projects i was not the lead of all of them but i was a technical resource that was needed to complete the project. I have heard seen conflicting information about the requirements....for the PMP do i need to be the leadfor the projects for 3 years before i can take the exam or can i just be one of the resources involved in completing the project?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login