fbpx

Reply: "Manage project team"

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : "Manage project team"

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
8 years 4 months ago #6512

Vivek Gupta

Thanks for explanation. i go it
8 years 4 months ago #6493

Ahmed Amin

Hello Vivek,

first, I will excerpt the definition of each of the process groups from the PMBOK guide::

Executing Process Group
The Executing Process Group consists of those processes performed to complete the work defined in the project management plan to satisfy the project specifications. This Process Group involves coordinating people and resources, managing stakeholder expectations, as well as integrating and performing the activities of the project in accordance with the project management plan.

Monitoring and Controlling Process Group
The Monitoring and Controlling Process Group consists of those processes required to track, review, and orchestrate the progress and performance of the project; identify any areas in which changes to the plan are required; and initiate the corresponding changes.

Based on the above definitions and given the nature and activities in managing project team (performance appraisal and conflict management, etc.), I think this process falls more under the Executing process group than the monitoring and controlling process group as coordinating people is more of execution and day to day activity rather than just monitoring. remember PMs stay 90% of their time communicating with project stakeholders which includes the team members.
8 years 4 months ago #6484

Vivek Gupta

As per PMBOK Guide 5th edition. "Manage project team" is part of Execution process .

Here my question, why ,manage project team not in Monitoring and control process, because we are motioning team members day to day task and comparing team member's performance.?

Vivek

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login