fbpx

Reply: Submit PMP application before 35 contact hrs?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Submit PMP application before 35 contact hrs?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
8 years 5 months ago #6382

Cornelius Fichtner

Deepali,

You can NOT apply for the PMP exam before you have completed your 35 hours of training. It is a PMI requirement. From our perspective you have to fulfill the following 2 criteria:

1.) After purchasing The PM PrepCast you MUST wait for 2 weeks before taking the Final Exam. (The exam has a countdown clock and will not allow you to take it sooner).

2.) You must have watched at least 35 hours of PrepCast lessons. The PrepCast is > 50 hours long but only 35 are required.

As soon as you fulfill these two requirements you can take the final exam.

Please note: Our website will be COMPLETELY OFFLINE on October 28 and 29, 2015. You can NOT take the Final Exam on those two days.
8 years 5 months ago #6381

Jonathan Emmons

Yes, you will need to complete your 35 hours (including passing the final exam and receiving your completion certificate) before submitting your application.

That said, once you have completed the PrepCast lessons you should go ahead and take the 25-question final exam and get your completion certificate. There's no reason to take additional practice exams or do additional study if you're worried about time - if you don't pass the first time, you can take it again as many times as needed, and once you pass you'll still have access to the PrepCast resources and can continue your study plan as desired. The final exam is not difficult if you have been following along with the lessons, and there's no penalty if you fail it, so I strongly recommend you take it as soon as you can.
8 years 5 months ago #6374

Deepali Karpe

I am still preparing for PMP exam and yet to go through last few videos in prepcast and take simulator tests.
After taking few sample tests I plan to give test for 35 contact hours.

I have a question if its possible to fill and submit PMP application before I give test for 35 contact hours?

I see a requirement where they have asked for start date and completion date of contact hours.
As PMP exam content is going to change in Jan'16, I wanted to avoid the delay if Audit is raised and for fulfilling in the audit requests.

Also I want to give test for 35 contact hours once I complete my study plan.

Any suggestions and/or responses will help solve my confusion.

Thanks!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login