fbpx

Reply: Question regarding the application's PM experience

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Question regarding the application's PM experience

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
8 years 5 months ago #6262

Gael Lams

Thank you for the answer.

Years and education are easy and fine. The criteria for hours is more challenging as we do not have to track time spent. Tracking time spent on projects is something I started only recently (last year). Calculation of hours for past projects in my case will and can only be an estimate based on "raw" data such as emails, reports, and calendar entries. It's, by the way, a lengthy process which, I hope, is acceptable.

Best,

Gaël
8 years 5 months ago #6257

Michael DeCicco

Gael,
You wrote that you've done projects from initiation to closing. That's what PMI wants to see on your application so it can evaluate your experience. Ensure you meet the criteria for hours, years, and education.

Yes, include running projects ( you mean projects currently happening, correct). If so, then include only the portion of that project completed.
8 years 5 months ago #6255

Gael Lams

Dear all,

I'm currently filling in the PM Online Application. I've two questions:
- can we include currently running projects?
- the projects description ask to includec examples of how we led and direcgted the project. In our case we follow the Prince 2 methodology. THis means that, among things, we follow the management by exception principle: we define tolerance in the project initiation document and during the project the PM goes to project's board only when the deviation is above the tolerance. As a PM that's therefore the way we led and direct the project. I've therefore basically repeated the fact that I've managed each project from initiation to closure and that management of the project was done by exception, i.e deviation above tolerance to be approved by the project' sponsor. Is it the kind of information PMI is looking for or am I missing the point?

Best,

Gaël

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login