fbpx

Reply: What was your study technique?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : What was your study technique?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
8 years 6 months ago #6232

Derek Walsh

Thank you, I will make sure to start on Page 61 and the formulas and go from there. I took my first practice exam and score a 61 and I still have two months to study. I exit the military in July 2016 so I want to knock this test out so I am better prepared for the job hunt. Thanks for the advice!
8 years 6 months ago #6231

Dawn Upperman

I agree, page 61 and formulas at least. As Derek said, each brain dump will be unique so if there a re some points you want to make sure and remember, you may want to add those to the brain dump.
8 years 6 months ago #6227

Derek Satz

For a brain dump it's recommended normally to do page 61 in the PMBOK guide and also the formulas. You'll want to practice writing them down a couple times timed. Make sure that you can do it cold. If you have page 61 memorized you should be able to keep a lot straight in your head when it comes to answering some of the questions.

Also you might find that some of the inventors you have trouble remembering, things like that I would jot down too.

Everyone's brain dump is going to be unique to them at the end. With that said doing the math formulas and the page 61 is pretty standard protocol.
8 years 6 months ago #6218

Jeremy Papp

Personally, I did a brain dump and kept it to only the formulas. This was invaluable, as the time spent doing the brain dump in one go saved me thinking/questioning the needed formula on the questions.

In fact, just having them all on the dump page allowed me the chance to catch a mistake in using the wrong formula since they were all together for visual comparison.
8 years 6 months ago #6217

PMPAspirant

's Avatar

What content should I brain dump the most? I mean there so much of information....
8 years 6 months ago #6213

Dawn Upperman

Hi Derek, I strongly recommend the brain dump as well. It really helped me. You seem to have good plan for study. I would reiterate taking as many practice exams as possible and understanding the material. Good luck!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login