fbpx

Reply: Clarification on a question - Integration mgmt

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Clarification on a question - Integration mgmt

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
8 years 7 months ago #5975

Praveen Chandra

's Avatar

Thank You Puneet, Ahmed and Dawn.
Appreciate your responses which helped me to get the clarification.

Praveen Chandra
8 years 7 months ago #5974

Dawn Upperman

Hi Praveen,

I agree with Puneet as well. I also agree with Ahmed's comment that in the real exam, the questions will be clearer than in the this question.
8 years 7 months ago #5972

Ahmed Amin

I Agree with Puneet, completion of work means accepted by the customer so Validate scope has been done already. the next step is to discuss and document the lessons learnt. choice D is the correct answer.

however I think in the real exam, the questions will identify the project state clearer than in the below question.
8 years 7 months ago #5971

Puneet

's Avatar

Two choices are close, A and D.

Deliverable are not completed until they are accepted by Customer.

Validate Scope(A) is incorrect because if customer has not accepted a deliverable then it implies that work is not completed. It may require evaluation, identify options to correct the work and then as needed issue change request. Validate Scope is performed for each deliverable moment a deliverable is completed and good Project manager must obtain acceptance from customer as the deliverable is completed. Please note that if there are 100 deliverable then PM must take acceptance from customer during Validate Scope.

Close Project will collect these 100 acceptances from customer and request a formal acceptance of Project Scope. Questions would have more confusing if an option is: Measure Project Scope, which is done before Lessons Learnt.

Even if the question says Project Work, answer will be D again. Project work can contain documents,reports etc which are all deliverable.

Regards,
Puneet
Dubai, UAE
8 years 7 months ago #5968

Praveen Chandra

Source - PMP Exam Prep by Rita Mulcahy - 8th edition
Chapter 4 - Integration Management

The question seems very simple, but i am slightly confused:

All technical work is completed on the project. Which of the following remains to be done?

A. Validate Scope
B. Plan Risk Responses
C. Create a staffing management plan
D. Complete lessons learnt

Options B and C are ruled out immediately.
Between A and D - I chose A and it is incorrect as per the book.
My logic was after all technical work is completed, we need to get the scope validated in order to deliver to customer.
However the book mentions correct answer to be D.
Requesting clarification from someone to understand as to how the project is in closing phase?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login