fbpx

Reply: PMP advise

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMP advise

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
8 years 7 months ago #5944

Tracey South

PRASHANT SHAH wrote: :dry:

I am almost prepared for the exam but i was failed 6 years ago i am just afraid to take it again. Need a good advise.

Thank you

Hi Prashant:

A PMP designation is obviously important to you so believe in yourself but you must also set yourself up to succeed. Start by setting up a study plan that you can adhere to. Arrange your exam date but give yourself enough time to absorb and digest the content. The exam is not a memorization exercise but more about how to apply the principles in various scenarios. If you are struggling with a concept, seek alternative explanations. There are lots of internet resources and forums.

Also, pick learning aids that match your learning style. For example, I am a very visual learner. I needed a resource that presented the information in a very graphic way. I also need to write down concepts to make them stick in my head. Your learning style will be different so find out what works best for you and build your plan around it.

Don't forget to take advantage of practise exams. They help identify study gaps and areas to continue to focus on.

As for brain dumps, I think this is really subjective. Everyone builds their own brain dump based on their needs. There were certain formulas that I knew well and others that where less familiar. My sheet focused on the formulas that I struggled with. These may not be the same for you. I used short forms in my process identification that would not make sense to others but made perfect sense to me. In short, build a sheet that will support you in the exam and then practise writing that sheet often so that it comes easy. I found that writing the brain dump also calmed my nerves at the beginning of the exam.

Best of luck with your exam studies.

Tracey
8 years 7 months ago #5919

Dawn Upperman

Hi Prashant,

I don't think the PMP exams questions have changed dramatically since you took it 6 years ago. There are still some 'what will PM do next' or scenario questions. As far as a brain dump is concerned, it can be whatever you need to help you on the exam. For me it was primarily formulas and process/knowledge groups. I suggest, if you choose to create one, that you practice doing it before going the exam. Best of luck!
8 years 7 months ago #5918

PRASHANT SHAH

:dry: I took this exam when PMBOK 3 was out. I failed it. Now i am preparing it again. As far as i know majority of he questions that exam asks are what will PM do next? No one in the forum is talking like that? I am not looking for a brain dump what i ma looking for is
IF PMI still doing the same in the exam or have they changed drastically?

Talking about Brain dump?
IS there a one out there that is good? Users just put anything and make it look like that was helped them in the exam

I am almost prepared for the exam but i was failed 6 years ago i am just afraid to take it again. Need a good advise.

Thank you

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login