fbpx

Reply: PrepCast and PMBOK version

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PrepCast and PMBOK version

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
8 years 8 months ago #5872

Darrin Hawe

Cornelius Fichtner wrote: Darrin,

Not a problem at all because according to PMI "Contact Hours never expire".

So even if you had used PrepCast V3 you can still use those contact hours from way back when.

Only requirement... You must still have the "certificate for 35 contact hours" that you received when you took the "Final Exam" of the old PrepCast. Just in case you get audited.

Thank you for your lightening quick response. Yes I kept the certificate from the PMBOK v4 prepcast (I'm a dropbox packrat).

Thanks again!
8 years 8 months ago #5871

Cornelius Fichtner

Darrin,

Not a problem at all because according to PMI "Contact Hours never expire".

So even if you had used PrepCast V3 you can still use those contact hours from way back when.

Only requirement... You must still have the "certificate for 35 contact hours" that you received when you took the "Final Exam" of the old PrepCast. Just in case you get audited.
8 years 8 months ago #5870

Darrin Hawe

I have an odd situation. I bought the PM PrepCast when it was based on PMBOK v4. I finished the class, passed the exam, and .pdf'ed the passing certificate. Then I promptly fell off the face of the earth due to life and such, and never took the PMP exam.

Fast forward to now. I've purchased the PMBOK v5 version of the PrepCast and am listening to it. But I want to get my exam scheduled before November 2 as I plan on taking a prep class through the local PMI chapter and don't want to be testing a different version of what I'm prepped for.

Does anybody know if I can use the PMBOK v4 certificate as proof of completion of education hours in case I get my app audited? I want to get the exam scheduled ASAP.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login