fbpx

Reply: Contradictions

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Contradictions

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
8 years 8 months ago #5804

Robert Boucher

I'm going through the PM PrepCast slides and I feel as though there may be areas it contradicts with the PMBOK guide. For example, in module 02.02 a significant amount of time is spend going over EEF and which processes they are to be considered as inputs. The PrepCast is quite definitive in that they primarily only need to be considered for (most) of the early PG processes. I find this contradicts with the PMBOK guide on page 47 where it states EEF must be considered as inputs to all processes, even if not explicitly defined as an input.

Another issue I found is in module 04.00 where the PrepCast states that all processes must be performed for a project. The PMBOK guide on page 47-48 mentions several times that the appropriate processes must be selected for use on the project by the project manager/team. This indicates that all processes are not actually required to be performed. If the PrepCast stated that all processes must be considered, that would make sense, but the slide material is quite definitive that they all must be performed to some degree.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login