fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: "Budget" and "Resources" project constraints

"Budget" and "Resources" project constraints 8 years 9 months ago #5772

• Nishant Desai
  • Nishant Desai's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi,

I am trying to understand six competing project constraints better. When I first went through "Budget/cost" constraint, I understand that this constraint is purely related to monetary resources. Then I started going through "Resources" which in it self contains HR, physical resources and even "FUNDS". So "Resources" constraint also defines monetary resource as the constraint. In such case why do we have two different project constraints which is more or less of same nature and refers to same thing and when one looks like a subset of other (Budget looks like a subset of Resources)?

Please help me understanding this concept more clearly.

Thanks!!!
Last edit: by Nishant Desai.

"Budget" and "Resources" project constraints 8 years 9 months ago #5821

• Ahmed Amin
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 73
Hi Nishant,
as you said, these are six competing constraints so it is normal that one constraint (budget) will be impacted by a change in another constraint (Resources).

however, one is not a subset of another. these are different constraints:

Budget: Contains the cost of resources and any other required tools, equipment, software, travel cost,...

Resources: has other aspects like skills of resources, availability of resources (both human resources and other like meeting rooms or any other equipment)
Ahmed Amin Abdullah, PMP
Community Moderator
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login