Welcome, Guest
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: RBS Vs DT

RBS Vs DT 1 year 6 months ago #5647

• Sathish Kumar
  • Fresh Boarder
How is decision tree(DT) different from a risk breakdown structure(RBS)?
A. A DT helps the need for monetary reserves. An RBS doesn't

B. The terms mean the same type of graph used in project risk management.

C. A DT calculates EMV's for all branches, an RBS only for choosen ones.

D. An RBS calculates EMV's for all branches a DT only for choosen ones.

can you answer and explain? I selected C as answer and the correct answer was D.

This is from Oliver lehmann PMP question from Android app and I am posting for learning/understanding purpose only.

I posted this to oliver lehmann and he responded with a gif image and below lines for my understanding.

The example shows how all branches of the tree are set to "True", and for each chance "occurring", there is also a branch "not occurring". To complete the example, I added two risks with three chance options, occurring and badly occurring (pessimistic) with three-point estimation.

I hope this helps understand the RBS part of the question.
Attachments:
Last Edit: 1 year 6 months ago by Sathish Kumar. Reason: attachment added
Moderators: Yolanda Mabutas, Ahmed Amin, Scott Gillard, Michael DeCicco, Rahul Kakkar, Fernando Jr Sinlao Lim, Mary Kathrine Padua, Chris Preziotti, Lazard Toe, ITBMC, MPM, CIPM, PMP, ITIL, Christian Winter, Kevin Nason, Michael Sumaquial, PMP, Mark Wuenscher, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®