fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Mock Test Scores.

Mock Test Scores. 8 years 11 months ago #5584

• Suhel Siddique
  • Suhel Siddique's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I am due for test on 21st May, and I have been scoring average 80% in 6 exams which I took on PM simulator. I also took Andy prep book test again 80 % and Oliver 75 with 64 %

Just concerned if its the good measure for my readiness, comparing the difficulty level of PM simulator and real PMP exam.

Let me know if my concern is something which should subside based on my score so far and difficulty level of real exam.

Thanks
Suhel

Mock Test Scores. 8 years 11 months ago #5585

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 606
Suhel,

There is unfortunately no "perfect" measure that will tell you with 100% certainty if you are ready to take the real PMP exam. Some students tell me that they felt "completely ready" but then they failed, while others say "I expected to fail but passed!".

However, the numbers that you are giving us look promising. My personal measurement has always been: If you can consistently score 80% and above then that is a good sign. (The questions from Oliver Lehmann are VERY difficult - so 64% is a good number).

So purely based on these numbers I would say that you are most likely ready to pass the exam.

You only have 3 days left to study. So my recommendation is this: Take more sample tests until then and use the same time for review. Example: If you take a 200 question exam and you spend 3 hours on the exam, then spend another 3 hours reviewing all the questions in detail.
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC

Mock Test Scores. 8 years 11 months ago #5586

• Suhel Siddique
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks, For the quick response.

I am planning to identify the weak areas on my last exam and work on those through prep cast and do some 25 question quizzes on those topics. overlook some ITTO's and revise formulaes, and relax as much as possible before exam. :)

Hopefully things work out.

Warm Regards,
Suhel

Mock Test Scores. 8 years 11 months ago #5588

• Steve Sandoval
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
Suhel,

I was consistently scoring in the 80's on the PM Exam Simulator at the end of my preparations, and I ended up passing with high marks on the exam. Overall I felt like I was adequately prepared -- the exam did not feel easy, but for the vast majority of the questions I knew right away how to answer them.

I would advise you to take the day off from studying 24 hours before taking the test. Relaxing is a good idea -- you've already done the hard work to learn the knowledge, now you just need to go into it fresh and relaxed.

Best of luck to you!
Steve Sandoval, PMP
Community Moderator

Mock Test Scores. 8 years 11 months ago #5597

• Sarah Burden
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
I agree with Steve. If you are getting those scores then just go over the few things that you feel that you are week on and relax the day before the exam.

Only 2 days to go!

Good luck.

Mock Test Scores. 8 years 11 months ago #5620

• Suhel Siddique
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for all the advices, I gave my exam today morning, I will post a detailed lesson lerant later on. I completed my exam in 4 hours, did survey got the Congratulations message and had 2P and 3 MP listed on the document with PMI header at the end.

My prometric center had printer issues they did not print any document to me and raised a ticket with the PMI, they asked me to check with PMI with the ticket ID, I called up PMI and they mentioned that it takes 72 hours to receive the email confirmation from PMI.

I am kind of wondering should I celebrate or still wait on, till I get the confirmation mail from PMI.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Suhel

Mock Test Scores. 8 years 11 months ago #5621

• Steve Sandoval
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
Go ahead and celebrate. Once you have paseed the test, you can call yourself a PMP. Congratulations!
Steve Sandoval, PMP
Community Moderator

Mock Test Scores. 8 years 11 months ago #5622

• Ayo O
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Congrats Suhel! You can celebrate now. You have conquered the PMP test.
MSc, PMP
Community Moderator
OSP International LLC

Mock Test Scores. 8 years 11 months ago #5630

• Rahul Kakkar
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 56
Congratulations! Please go ahead and celebrate :)
Rahul Kakkar, PMP, MBA
Community Moderator

How are we doing? Your opinion matters. To help us improve, please check out our survey at www.surveymonkey.com/s/pmpexamforum

Mock Test Scores. 8 years 10 months ago #5640

• Sarah Burden
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Don't worry - celebrate! Congratulations.

Mock Test Scores. 8 years 10 months ago #5645

• Ahmed Amin
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 73
Congratulations Suhel.
Ahmed Amin Abdullah, PMP
Community Moderator

Mock Test Scores. 8 years 10 months ago #5648

• Dawn Upperman
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 19
Congratulations Suhel! My testing center had printer issues as well and it made me nervous, but it was fine. Celebrate!

Mock Test Scores. 8 years 10 months ago #5699

• Jennifer
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi,

I am scheduled to take the PMP exam in about a week. However, My scores on the pmp simulator practice exams are not in the 80%. My last score was 74% and I plan on taking another exam this week to see where I stand. Do you think it's a good idea I postpone my exam until I start scoring in the 80% consistently with the PMP exam? Or take the exam and see how I do?

Thanks,
Jennifer

Mock Test Scores. 8 years 10 months ago #5700

• Michael DeCicco
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 44
Jennifer, popular practice is to go into the test consistently scoring at least 80%. If you have not met that, then I do think you need time to study.
To better assess your own confidence, ask yourself how long you have been studying (months, weeks)? How many tests have you taken (1-5, 6-10). What websites and programs did you use to practice test? List the number of knowledge areas you feel you are weak in.

If your answers inspire your full confidence in the knowledge, then assess your test taking skills. How many full length 4 hour exams did you take? How many breaks did you need? Did you have time to review within the test time? Maybe it's a matter of planning how to take the test.

You do need to make a decision quickly, though, because I think if you wait too long to change the test day appointment, you lose 100% of your fee.
Yours Respectfully
Michael DeCicco, PMP
Community Moderator
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login