fbpx

Reply: 35 or 36 contact hours!?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : 35 or 36 contact hours!?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
8 years 11 months ago #5388

Dawn Upperman

Hi Anton,

Glad this was resolved. The application process can make one nervous. I know I was. But you can do it, just take your time. If you have any questions, let us know. Good luck!
8 years 11 months ago #5382

Anton Petrič

Hi,

Yes this is exactly what happened :)

I entered my project experience and had 35 month and 1 missing.(3 years=36 month)

I gues I was a little nervous filling the form ....

Thx, for replay.
8 years 11 months ago #5381

Cornelius Fichtner

Anton,

I think I know what happened...

The PMP handbook does indeed mention the two number 35 and 36 in regards to eligibility:
  • 35 Contact Hours of formal education are required
  • 36 months of experience as a PM are required (if you have a bachelors degree)
Is this maybe where the confusion came from... did you confuse those two numbers?
8 years 11 months ago #5380

Cornelius Fichtner

Anton,

We have not received any communication from PMI that the number has changed. From my perspective, it is still 35 hours.

You said you saw this on an "eligibility worksheet"? Can you give me a link where you saw this sheet or maybe attach this here in the forum?

Thank you!
8 years 11 months ago #5378

Anton Petrič

Hi,
as a contact hours requirement I always assume/read that applicant needs 35 contact hours.
Today I try to apply for the exam and on the eligibility worksheet it is stated that 36 are required!?!?

I purchased "PM prepcast" videos, pass the exam and now I have 35 contact hours.
Where can I obtain another 1 hour!?!?

And when did this changed?!?

Thx for your answers and guidance.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login