fbpx

Reply: Project management plan vs Project Management sys

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Project management plan vs Project Management sys

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
9 years 2 weeks ago #5267

Dawn Upperman

Hi Daniel,

I agree with Sarah's explanation and your interpretation. Best of luck!
9 years 2 weeks ago #5265

Daniel Blossey

Dear Sarah,

thanks!

I summarize:

A project management plan uses/defines a project management system.
A project management system is a tool to implement T&T.
9 years 2 weeks ago #5259

Sarah Burden

Hi Daniel,

The two phrases are not interchangeable.

The Project Management Plan as you say includes all the sub-plans, tools and techniques, etc.

The Project Management System is a way of using the tools and techniques to manage the plan, for instance Microsoft Project is a type of Project Management System, although incomplete for a whole system, it can help you manage your schedule, and costs. The system is a tool, so can be part of the plan, by the plan is never part of the system.
9 years 2 weeks ago #5248

Daniel Blossey

Hi,

What is the difference between project management plan and project management system?

According to video L01.05.1 The Project Management Plan HR the project management system is part of the project management plan.

But I think the project management plan is a project management system which consists of tools and techniques. These tools, techniques can be found also in the subsidiary plans.

So, in short:

- project management plan with it's subsidiary plans, eg tools, techniques = project management system eg tools, techniques

Correct?

Thanks!

Daniel Blossey

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login