fbpx

Reply: Quality tools Question

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Quality tools Question

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
9 years 3 months ago #4904

Steve Sandoval

Hello James --

I would point out that the PMBOK 5th edition section 8.2.2.1 starts with the following sentence:

The Perform Quality Assurance process uses the tools and techniques of the Plan Quality Management and Control Quality processes.

It then goes on to list some "other tools that are available". I would also ask you to review Figure 8-9, which demonstrates the data flow for the Perform Quality Assurance process. This clearly shows that items from Plan Quality Management and measurements from Control Quality are both inputs into Perform Quality Assurance. I believe that it is for this reason that the T&T list names the item as "Quality managment and control tools" -- since the tools of those two processes are basically inputs into this one!

Hopefully this helps to shed some light on the situation.

-Steve
9 years 3 months ago #4901

James Whelan

In the PMBOK there are two set of Quality Tools. 1. the basic seven and 2. Quality Management and Control Tools. Are these used in all three quality processes. I don't see Quality Management and Control Tools mentioned in the Control Quality process. odd since Control tools is in its name. if they are not used, why not?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login