fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Recent experience on Application

Recent experience on Application 9 years 4 months ago #4758

• Antony Tomas
  • Antony Tomas's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
This question is regarding the PMP Online Application. I have more than 10 years managing projects. I would however not like to list the current projects with a new company as the work is not involved in a lot of project management as in the past. Is it ok to skip the recent 3 years and go back to 5 years prior which includes 5 years of hard-core project management experience. I would like to be PMP certified, so I can take on projects that have more hands on PM requirements.

Recent experience on Application 9 years 4 months ago #4759

• Ahmed Amin
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 73
Hi Antony,
first i wish you success with your efforts earning the PMP.
second, i think it is OK to skip recent years and use prior experiences as the PMP Handbook doesn't specify any regulations in this regard.
Ahmed Amin Abdullah, PMP
Community Moderator

Recent experience on Application 9 years 4 months ago #4760

• Dawn Upperman
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 19
Hi Antony,

I agree with Ahmed. You can present those projects that you consider best represent your project experience. Make sure you have good contacts for those projects, though, since the work will be from prior years. Best of luck to you!

Recent experience on Application 9 years 4 months ago #4762

• Anonymous User GDPR DSAR #53
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi Antony,

I submitted my PMP application in September of this year and the most recent experience I included ended in June 2013 - not quite as long as your 3 years but over a year. My application was audited and there was no issue with there being no current PM experience on my application.

Hope that helps!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Saad Bakhtyar

Recent experience on Application 9 years 4 months ago #4766

• Antony Tomas
  • Antony Tomas's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thank you all. That was helpful.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login