fbpx

Reply: Finding Critical Path using (PDM)

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Finding Critical Path using (PDM)

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
9 years 7 months ago #4569

Dawn Upperman

Hi Sami,

I agree with Michael. I found it really helpful to draw the diagram when I took the exam as I did get additional questions regarding a different aspects of the path and I was able to address the question more efficiently. Do as many practice questions on this topic as you can. Best of luck on your exam.
9 years 7 months ago #4567

Michael DeCicco

:pinch:
When I saw these questions, I always felt like closing my eyes and hope they'd go away, but unfortunately they remained. With all due seriousness, I tell you these questions are not as hard as they may appear. It sounds like you've done your studying of critical path so I'm confident you know what to do. You really want to know if there's a shorthand version to get to the answer and in my opinion, I recommend you continue with the drawing because it accomplishes two important steps.

One, it visualizes the arrangement of events you need to determine the critical path. Now in this case you answered incorrectly and that should not make you worry. You may have simply miscounted somewhere and that is easily overcome with just a bit more analysis of the question.

Two, by drawing the diagram yourself, you will be prepared for further questions that may be later during the test, which might ask about a different aspect of the critical path or how changes could affect timelines.

The result of these steps will reinforce your comprehension of the critical path concept and make you faster and better come exam time.
9 years 7 months ago #4565

Sami Snunu

Solving questions in Prepcast Exam Simulator related to finding the critical path using Precedence Diagramming Method (PDM) is tricky and time consuming to draw.
Is there a way to tackle this type of questions?
Attachments:

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login