fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Boot Camps?

Boot Camps? 9 years 8 months ago #4464

• Joy Toro
  • Joy Toro's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello,

I did a search and saw some individuals took boot camps. Are there any boot camps you would recommend or not recommend?

Thank you-

Joy

Boot Camps? 9 years 7 months ago #4521

• Sven Gruendahl
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
Hi Joy,

it is always recommended to study in groups and to discuss the learnings with other students.
So you need to check if a local training group is avaiable for you to discuss what you have learned
from this course (PrepCast) and other training books.
I mean the key is really the interaction with other people and not just listening another teacher.
I found luckely a local PMP preperation group in my area and must say that the PMBOK becomes much clearer for me.

Also you can become a PMI member and join a local Chapter and discuss with them or ask for support.
For my other certificate I joined a discussion group in LinkedIn.
And at least this forum is also a good place to discuss PMP related questions of course.

May I ask where do you come from ?

Regards
Sven
Sven Gründahl, PMP, PMI-ACP & Community Moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joy Toro

Boot Camps? 9 years 7 months ago #4522

• Michael DeCicco
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 44
Joy, if you decide to invest in a bootcamp, you should consider the source of the education. The provider should be following PMBOK 5th Edition and it should be listed as a PMI.org accredited course, as designated by the acronym R.E.P. This will give you the assurance you are getting the correct curriculum training. Now of course, education is about the teachers and students alike, so I would research what the organization is that is conducting the training and seek others who used it for their opinion about the quality of instruction. My recommendation is you seek a local PMI chapter because they often sponsor PMP preparation courses or can tell you about reputable ones in the area.
Yours Respectfully
Michael DeCicco, PMP
Community Moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joy Toro

Boot Camps? 9 years 7 months ago #4554

• Debi Vans Evers
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Sven,
How did you find local study groups...I'm in Seattle and have run out of ideas on where to look.

Boot Camps? 9 years 7 months ago #4562

• Sven Gruendahl
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
Hi Debi,

I am living in Germany and found a group via local announcements and internet research.

You are from Seattle and that means you are in Washington right?
I found out your PMI Chapter for this region with the folowing link + United States + Washington:
www.pmi.org/Get-Involved/Chapters-PMI-Chapters.aspx

Its the Columbia River Basin Chapter in Richland,WA 99354
www.crb-pmi.org

and the Inland Northwest Chapter in Mead,WA 99021
www.pmiinw.org

Just give them a call or write a mail they should help you to find a local study group.

Kind Regards
Sven
Sven Gründahl, PMP, PMI-ACP & Community Moderator
Last edit: by Sven Gruendahl.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login