fbpx

Reply: PMI answer regarding the content of the PMBOK®

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMI answer regarding the content of the PMBOK®

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
9 years 8 months ago #4385

Sven Gruendahl

Markus,

you are very welcome :laugh:
I know that this answer is not what I expected but I wanted to share
the outcome if you ask PMI directly such questions...

Cheers
Sven
9 years 8 months ago #4384

Markus Kopko, PMP

Hi Sven,

thx for your effort.
But this answer is really helpfull .... NOT.
And imho it is just off topic.

The question was not about interpretation, however ...

thx anyway
9 years 8 months ago #4382

Sven Gruendahl

Hi there,

a couple of days ago I had an interesting "forum chat" about the topic "ahead of schedule"; "behind schedule" and "exactly on schedule".

www.project-management-prepcast.com/inde...e-when-it-has-an-spi

However, I was really curious at the end what PMI would say about this topic and I decided to write to PMI customer care
and the answer came now in my inbox. I would like to share this answer with you:

Dear Sven,

Thank you for your question regarding the content of the PMBOK® Guide—Fifth Edition. While we are happy to address any specific corrections or issues related to improving the quality our standards, we are unable to assist in the interpretation or explanation of any part of the standard. PMI standards are developed and reviewed by teams of subject matter experts, but once the standard is published the team is disbanded and there is no ongoing responsibility from the team for providing interpretations of the standard. We recommend that you take advantage of any of a number of resources provided as part of the PMI network, including:

·Registered Education Providers (REP) who can provide training in the application of PMI standards to your particular project (see www.pmi.org/Professional-Development/REP...cation-Provider.aspx ).

·PMI Chapters or Communities of Practice, which are networks of PMI members in your geographic area, or in your field of practice, respectively, who may be able to share their expertise and interpretations (see www.pmi.org/Get-Involved/Chapters-PMI-Chapters.aspx and www.pmi.org/Get-Involved/Communities-of-Practice.aspx ).

·The PMI Knowledge Center ( www.pmi.org/Knowledge-Center.aspx ) provides links to articles, surveys, and other resources on a variety of project management topics.

Cheers
Sven

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login