Cleared PMP on 17 April 2014
2 years 6 months ago #4373
Thank you received: 1
My Lessons learned
* First of all wish you all success.
* Never follow any one’s study plan create your own just take from any lessons learned what ever applicable with you.
* I started with listening to the prepcast course as I have a 3 years old son and it was difficult for me leave him for a long time, my advice read the pmbok like reading a magazine before taking the course.
* My advice which I did take good notes of any unusual terms to your ear during the course.
*Listening to the prepcast chapters was really enjoyable as I prefer listening on reading and as my first language is not the English, but the accent and quality was amazing.
* It took me so long to schedule for the exam then I decided to go for it and create my study plan backwards that was the only way for me to force my self to study for the exam.
* I gave my self 3 months then I took the step and scheduled it I read rita and answer the questions after each chapter read the pmbok only one time it was enough for me.
* I’m not that kind of person who memorize every think I like to understand it more BUT you will have to memorize the 47 process only with their knowledge area and the formulas .
* ITTOS ARE VERY IMPORTANT I DIDN’T MEMORIZE THEM BUT UNDER STOOD THEM WELL
* EXAMS are the most important part I solved fast track with time and head first and I used to study my answers and take notes
* Pmstudy exams are important but much more difficult than the real one
* Maximum score I have got in mock tests was 75% its not good enough every body says you must get 80% and above I never got that score and that makes me nervous but I studied them carefully write down every little single note, exams helped me a lot to cover my gabs so solve as much as you can and study all the answers both of the correct and the wrong ones .
* Most of my mistakes was because I’m really tensed during taking those tests haven’t I told you I’m a worrier person.
* Be honest with your self I felt that I did my maximum I was studying all the time for the last three months and I put a schedule I can follow but things will happen my son got sick and i stayed for one day beside him without reading any thing so I rescheduled and I put buffers in my schedule as well,, follow it strictly be a real project manager in managing your small project
* Surround your self with motivating people you will need to trust in your potentials .
* DAYS RUNNING FAST. Every one was talking about being calm and I’m a worrier since ever I became very tensed during my exams so I was trying my best to be calm but I couldn’t
* The very weird thing that I was very calm on my exam day I even tried to calm some one I met out side the exam room and that was really funny
* I walk up at 6 am I prayed and took a good breakfast I didn’t drive to the exam center I used the metro, you don’t need any thing to make you irritable try to arrive early I was at the center at 8.15 they will call your name and give instructions sheet and they will call one by one
they called me at 9.30 don’t worry your four hours will not start unless you are in front of your computer,,,
* hold the instructions they will take it back and you are not allowed to go inside with any thing except a calculator I didn’t take one try to go to bathroom before they call your name make sure you have your passport or your bank card/visa with your name on it and a valid id / driver license
* If you go inside with a sweater you have to keep it on I took it off I couldn’t stand it he came inside and took it out you cant talk off your glasses as well their will be ear blockers use it it’s amazing since many people around might use regular typing it could distract you.
* I didn’t take a break I noticed during my simulation exams that if I took a break I’m not back in the mood quickly
* Read the question 2 times if you cant get the answer choose the one that make sense mark the question you might have time to get back to it if you didn’t you have a 25% its correct it will make you comfortable
* I used to put my plan that every one hour 50 questions must be done every 15 minutes 12 at least and every 30 minutes 25 questions and I followed that very well.
* When I finished 3 minutes was remaining I review all the questions and oooppppps one without answer I answered it then 10 seconds was remaining I ended it waited for 7 minutes survey asking you about your opinion at the experience of the exam at the center
* Finished then end then voilaaaaaaa the amazing congratulation appears I was extremely happy they will give you a print out that you passed.
* Finish take some time to celebrate with your loved ones.
Moderators: Yolanda Mabutas, Ahmed Amin, Scott Gillard, Michael DeCicco, Rahul Kakkar, Fernando Jr Sinlao Lim, Mary Kathrine Padua, Chris Preziotti, Lazard Toe, ITBMC, MPM, CIPM, PMP, ITIL, Christian Winter, Kevin Nason, Michael Sumaquial, PMP, Mark Wuenscher, PMP