fbpx

Reply: Am I eligible for PMP Certification?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Am I eligible for PMP Certification?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
9 years 10 months ago #4321

Cornelius Fichtner

Hamed,

Based on your description of your experience I believe that you are qualified to take the PMP exam. In particular the following makes me believe that you qualify:

I have experience in all five process groups with more than 10,000 hour leading and directing.

But in the end you are pretty much the only person to determine whether you are qualified or not. Here is the "best" way to do that:

Take a look at the PMP Examination Content Outline, which you can find here: www.pmi.org/certification/project-manage...%20outline_2010.ashx . In this document you will find a description of many tasks, knowledge and skills.

And if you can honestly say that your experience involves the majority of these tasks, knowledge and skills then you qualify.
9 years 10 months ago #4318

Hamed Parsa

Hi everyone,

I have worked as a planning and scheduling manager for more than 3 year with more than 4 different construction firms in more than 30 construction projects. I have experience in all five process groups with more than 10,000 hour leading and directing.

Now, am I eligible for PMP Certification or I must be a project manager?

Note: I have 4 years degree(Bachelor in Engineering).

Need your help in this regard.

Thanks in advance.
Hamed Parsa,

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login