fbpx

Reply: Depreciation

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Depreciation

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
10 years 1 month ago #4044

Cornelius Fichtner

All,

I conferred with Kevin Reilly and he has the following advice:

Based on my personal experience in PMP Exam Prep, as well as my conversations with students who have taken the exam, I have never run across the need for the exam taker to “calculate” depreciation. Having said that, I do believe it is important for the exam taker to understand the difference between Standard Depreciation (AKA Straight Line Depreciation) method and Accelerated Depreciation methods, such as Sum of the Year’s Digits and Double-Declining Balance.

So my recommendation would be that you absolutely need to know the general concepts, you should understand how the formula works and maybe even invest an hour or two in answering a few sample questions and applying the formulas. But then move on to those formulas that you will for sure encounter on the exam. And that's Earned Value.
10 years 1 month ago #4037

's Avatar

I'm interested in this question, too. Rita's book says you do not need to know depreciation formulas for the exam, just substantively understand the different types of depreciation.
10 years 1 month ago #4034

Leslie Craw

Do you know if it's tested on the exam?
10 years 1 month ago #4033

BIJIT SINGHA

I did not refer PMBOK for formula. I used formula guide by Cornelius.
10 years 1 month ago #4032

Leslie Craw

Are the depreciation formulas tested on the PMP exam? If so, is there any information in the PMBOK Guide? I'm not finding it. Thanks!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login