fbpx

Reply: From my experience and how I passed the PMP exam.

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : From my experience and how I passed the PMP exam.

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
10 years 3 months ago #4009

Tibor Virag

From my experience and how I passed the PMP exam.
I passed the exam in December 2th 2013.
Actually I decided to get this accomplishment in May 2013, but actually I started to study in July 2013.
I performed research on the internet regarding the preparation and the basic requirements in order to perform successfully and I started with the application to became member of PMI. After I get my membership, I started with the study of the PMBOK guide. I read the PMBOK guide three times, including the glossary. Also I bought the PMP Exam Prep, Sixth Edition: Rita's Course in a Book for Passing the PMP Exam, and Head First Pmp: A Brain-Friendly Guide to Passing the Project Management Professional Exam by: Greene Jennifer but both books were the versions for the PMBOK 4th edition. (My examination was based on PMBOK 5th edition).
I found Rita Mulcahy & Greene Jennifer books as very good sources along with PMBOK.
The next step on my preparation journey was to acquire the PM PrepCast package: the Project Management PrepCast™, (For PMBOK Guide 5th Edition) the PrepCast formulas & PM Exam Simulator (90-Day Access). The 90 day access was extended (without pay) to the courtesy of PrepCast team in order to have a full coverage up the examination day. I consider that the PM PrepCast package was a good investment helping me to acquire the 35 contact points necessary for the exam application as well.
I had practiced around 2600 questions and I always reviewed all wrong and good answers as well. My recommendation is to review all tests answers (good and wrong) in order to clarify the situations when the decision for the good answers were done based on the “ guess “ for the best option.
I used the full 4 hours for the exam without breakdown time. My strategy was to spend an additional extra time on each question in order do not return on markup questions.
The most stressful time period was after I pushed the End Exam button on the test station waiting for the final result. The waiting time was around 3 minutes, but for me was an eternity.
The best time was when I get the message on the screen that I passed the exam.
Good luck to all on the PMP drive.
Tibor

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login