fbpx

Reply: Business analyst take the pmp exam?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Business analyst take the pmp exam?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
10 years 9 months ago #3547

Cornelius Fichtner

Candace,

Based on the description of your responsibilities I believe that you qualify for The CAPM Exam, but not for The PMP Exam.

I base this on the PMP Examination Content Outline, which is this document here: www.pmi.org/en/Certification/Project-Man...%20Outline_2010.ashx

It describes in detail all the tasks that a PM/PMP should be responsible for on a project. And if you compare this to your description you will see that there is only a small match. You are a contributing team member with certain responsibilities but you are not the PM.
10 years 9 months ago #3546

Candace

I have been a business analyst for the past 5 years in technology. I work with the project manager on projects and have managed parts of the project under the PM, such as identifying stake holders and working with them to gather requirements and develop the scope documentation.
From there, I manage the requirements documentation and manage user testing and acceptance.

With that said, do you think that based on my responsibilities, do I qualify to take the pmp exam? And if I do, would I be considered a project contributor?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login