fbpx

Reply: So took my first Rita Mulcahy practice test

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : So took my first Rita Mulcahy practice test

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
10 years 10 months ago #3366

Richard Rapice

Do check out brainbok.com.....
It is an excellent supplement to prepcast.
There is a highly detail matrix of Ittos that is second too none... you can test it out free of charge but for 50 USD I have found it invaluable....
I am still not certain I can pass this exam, but would be glad to share info.....
10 years 10 months ago #3365

Ron Cruz

Now that's funny. I found the prepcast to be easier. What I found hard was how there'd be one word in the whole 300 word question that would change the entire meaning and I'd miss it. Other tests do it but for some reason hers really threw me for a loop.

I'd love to share notes. Any help I can get I'll take. Are you using her 7th Edition? Like you I'm targeting before the July switch over.

Like I said right now I'm in discovery and I'm thinking instead of choking on a lot of different inputs of paring down to just a few inputs. So far the pmprepcast and obviously the PMBOK are the top of the list. I'm on the fence about Rita's stuff.
10 years 10 months ago #3364

Richard Rapice

I appreciate the reply.... maybe we can compare notes over the next few.....

I asked about rita because I personally did not find he end of chapter exams extremely challenging.... not like prepcast that really makes you work and focus on complex and long questions.

I also have not broken the 65 percent barrier and I have been at it for much longer than a few weeks.

I have my exam scheduled for end of July..... still not very confident and I have taken several certifications..

I have now supplemented my rita and prepcast material with newly purchased Brainbok.com..... have you used it?
10 years 10 months ago #3363

Ron Cruz

Well in my preparations I've essentially tried out as many practice exams to try and settle on where I actually am and where I need to go. I've found that on tests I hear are fairly representative I get around ~60%. Not great, but this is only my second week of studies so not terrible. Studying is an exercise in progressive elaboration so I expected that it wasn't great but it'd get better and I wasn't too far off the mark.

Then I took that test last night and got a whopping 38%. I went from thinking "Not bad, I can do this" to "OMG, why am I even trying?". She really does a good job of tripping you up with a word (like this one word changes the whole question). I've got a long way to go.
10 years 10 months ago #3362

Richard Rapice

Explain.......
10 years 10 months ago #3360

Ron Cruz

Well, that was a depressing exercise.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login