fbpx

Reply: CPM Calculations - Start with day 0 or day 1?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : CPM Calculations - Start with day 0 or day 1?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 5 months ago #23731

Gabriella Dellino, PMP

Hi Lata,

depending on the method you use, the only difference you will get is in the start and end dates of activities, and the way you compute them (for both the forward and the backward pass), but the activity duration remains the same—regardless of the method you follow.

For example, if activity starts on Day 1, you will compute EF = ES + duration - 1; if activity starts on Day 0, EF = ES + duration.

Hope this helps,

Gabriella
3 years 5 months ago #23721

Lata Chauhan

I have same doubt on questioID 614006 from PMP simulator. Duration estimates, what is the difference in calculation when questions says, activity starts on day 1.
4 years 6 months ago #18464

Miguel Sifontes

I just bought the PMP Simulator and I found in PMP Exam 1 question 42, exactly this situation. My answer was 2, based on Zero criteria, but the Simulator´s answer is 3 based on 1 Criteria. So actually you can find this kind of questions on the real exam , can´t you? Am I mistaken about this statement?. For Float calculation you can get the same result using either method, but what about activity duration?
5 years 1 month ago #16446

Elizabeth Hibbert

Thanks all! Why have a question on the prep exam where the options are only 1 day apart if the PMP exam will not do that?
7 years 2 months ago #9510

svet

's Avatar

if you calculate feee float there will be difference in +-1 depending on the method chosen
10 years 10 months ago #3369

Abhinav Gupta

Aah that makes sense. Thanks a lot for clarifying Cornelius.

Until next time! :)

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login