fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: advanced theory

advanced theory 11 years 4 days ago #3214

• Ameer Ahmed
  • Ameer Ahmed's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
hi
i am preparing for capm exam , but the advanced cost ,hr and quality theory are not demostrated in pmbok ,
should i consider them or not ?

i wanna ask also about configuration management and control management , what is the definition ?
where we can use it ? is it a part from project management plan ?

advanced theory 11 years 3 hours ago #3220

• Ameer Ahmed
  • Ameer Ahmed's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
:unsure: hey conelius, no reponse ???

advanced theory 10 years 11 months ago #3226

• Khurram Hussain
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Ameer:

Good day!

For the CAPM exam, don’t worry about anything that is outside of the PMBOK guide. Anything outside of the PMBOK guide shouldn’t be tested in the CAPM exam.

Configuration means specifications. For example the configuration of a laptop can be a 15-inch HD screen, DVD drive, 8GB memory, 1TB hard drive, i7 processor etc. Configuration management means ensuring that the project delivers a product or service with the agreed/required specifications or configuration. Any change in the agreed configuration can only be incorporated once proper change control procedures have been followed. The configuration management plan and the change control plan, both are components of the project management plan.

Please let me know if this resolves your confusion.

Warm regards,

Khurram

advanced theory 10 years 11 months ago #3229

• Kevin Reilly
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • PMP Exam Prep for the Masses!
  • Thank you received: 8
Hi Ameer -

When you referred to "Control Management" in this forum discussion post, were you talking the "Perform Integrated Change Control" process in the PMBOK Guide? This is really the only reference to any type of "Control Management" in the PMBOK Guide.

Please let me know.

Thanks

Kevin
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasKhurram HussainMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login