fbpx

Reply: Practice tests relevance with PMP exams 2013

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Practice tests relevance with PMP exams 2013

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
11 years 1 month ago #3141

Konstantinos Limas

Thanks! That was exactly what I wanted!
11 years 1 month ago #3140

Cornelius Fichtner

Kostas,

Yes... you are asking about our "Exam Feedback" feature:
  • Select "My Results > My Statistics" (at the very top)
  • The statistics page has several tabs > Click on the one labeled "Exam Feedback"
Explanations regarding these statistics are below the table
11 years 1 month ago #3138

Konstantinos Limas

Cornelius thnk you for your reply.

I would like to ask you if you keep ant statistics regarding the releation between the results in the Simulation exam test and the real test ?

For example I will take 8 mock exams using your program and I will have some specific results and then I will take the real test. I could say that on average I had a mark of 75% in the mock exam and I passed the real test as well. If we could have this statistic in an aggregate scale then we could say that 95% of the testers that have written for example 75%+ in the mock exams they pass the real test.

This would give us a good benchmarking to compare our results against.

Is there any rellevant info that you can share with us?

Thanks
Kostas
11 years 1 month ago #3137

Cornelius Fichtner

Kostas,

The rules of the PMP exam are such that PMI clearly "forbids" anyone taking he exam to talk about the details of their experience. This means that we are not allowed to ask any specific questions either. That much said: we have not made any qualitative comparison of the questions in the PM Exam Simulator vs. the questions on the exam.

However... we know from student's anecdotes (what they say in testimonials and "thank you" emails) the following three items:
1) The style of the questions in the simulator are very similar to the questions on the real exam.
2) The questions on the simulator are almost "harder" than on the real exam
3) Simulator users felt well prepared to take their exam

"All of the above" and "none of the above" are question styles that are NOT on the real exam. And this is the one thing about our simulator that really bothers me, because it's my own fault. When we defined the original quality criteria, I forgot to include this into the "don'ts". So we ended up with quite a large number of this question style. We have eliminated about 80% of them and are still working on getting rid of them all. It takes time...
11 years 1 month ago #3130

Konstantinos Limas

Hello,

I would like to ask if you have any feedback from people sitting for the exam during 2013, and how you have qualitative assesed this feedback compared to the practice exam from PMP Exam simulator.

Are there any differences? Any trends? New tricks? Any suggestions?

Also I would like to ask if in the real exam there is the option of ''All of the above'' or ''none of the above'' in the answers like in the Simulator.

Regards
Kostas

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login