fbpx

Reply: Sampling: Attribute vs variable

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Sampling: Attribute vs variable

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 6 months ago #11713

Santhakumar

's Avatar

I guess the answer for this question is indeed "attribute' sampling . But the reason for that would be the mentioning of "found that the samples conform to the quality ", which indicates a "Yes" decision based on a "Yes " or "No" analysis.
11 years 1 month ago #3109

Khurram Hussain

“If a project manager measured several samples from a production match and found that the samples conform to the quality standard, just based on that information how can you determine if it is a variable sample method or attribute?”

This information is not sufficient to determine whether the project manager has used attribute or variable sampling.

If the conformance to quality was measured as “yes” or “no”, then it was attribute sampling. If true measures were taken (e.g., actual heights, weights etc.) then it was variable sampling.

I don’t see such a vague question appearing on the real PMP. But if it does, then I would go for attribute sampling due to two reasons:

1. First, it is not clear that the variable sampling was done.
2. Usually quality control either accepts or rejects the items being examined

So, in my opinion, attribute sampling is the best answer in this situation. However, let me again reiterate, the question is vague and more information is required to exactly determine the type of sampling used.

Regards,

Khurram
11 years 1 month ago #3106

Edward Wada

Can you help clarify, sampling using variable or attribute method?

If a project manager measured several samples from a production match and found that the samples conform to the quality standard, just based on that information how can you determine if it is a variable sample method or attribute?

Thank you.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login