fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: PM Prepcast - E03.01 Question

PM Prepcast - E03.01 Question 11 years 1 month ago #3085

• Darrin Hawe
  • Darrin Hawe's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I'm finally beginning my push towards PMP certification in earnest and I have begun to listen to the PM Precast while on my daily commute. This morning, I was listening to "E03.01 Questions And Answers 1" when Cornelius made mention of a diagram that was on page 70 of the PMBOK. The diagram in question references "all knowledge areas, all process groups, and all processes in the PMBOK guide."

Page 70 in the 4th edition PMBOK guide I have is a blank page. :)

I'm guessing the diagram in question being discussed is the "Project Management Process Groups and Knowledge Areas Mapping" table on p. 43. I realize that the PMBOK guide is routinely updated, but I'd like to make sure I focus memorization on the key tables and diagrams needed to develop the best base understanding possible.

Thanks!

PM Prepcast - E03.01 Question 11 years 1 month ago #3086

• Khurram Hussain
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Dear Darrin:

Good day!

Thanks for the feedback. I will let Cornelius know about this.

Warm regards,

Khurram

PM Prepcast - E03.01 Question 11 years 1 month ago #3088

• Darrin Hawe
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Khurram:

As an FYI, the same page 70 reference is made in E03.02.

Can anybody else confirm that the table being referenced for the braindump is the mapping table on PMBOK p. 43? That table appears critical to me as being able to recall it seems to nicely map processes to both knowledge areas and process groups.

PM Prepcast - E03.01 Question 11 years 1 month ago #3089

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 604
Darrin,

Please refer to our Errata Sheet. It is attached to this message but you will also have received it as part of your PM PrepCast download. Here we mention that "Page 43" is indeed correct. (The location of this table inside The PMBOK Guide simply changed)

However... if you look at the errata sheet that you downloaded before today and then compare it to the one that I've attached you'll notice that the older version only included E03.02. I've just gone ahead and added E03.01 into the errata sheet, because we weren't aware of this one before.

So thank you very much for pointing out to me that E03.01 had the same errata as E03.02.
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Darrin Hawe

PM Prepcast - E03.01 Question 11 years 1 month ago #3090

• Darrin Hawe
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Cornelius:

Sure enough, errata is E00.03. Wow, don't I feel stupid :(

I'm glad that my ignorance was at least helpful in some small way. Keep up the great work!
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasKhurram HussainMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login