fbpx

Reply: Need your kind help in filling PMP form

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Need your kind help in filling PMP form

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
11 years 3 months ago #3005

Khurram Hussain

You're most welcome :)

Khurram
11 years 4 months ago #2995

Saad AlShamrani

I agree with you Khurram, I decide to go with CAPM right now and with PMP Later on.

Thanks a lot and appreciate your kind help.
Saad AlShamrani
11 years 4 months ago #2993

Khurram Hussain

Dear Saad:

Good day!

Project management experience requirement for the PMP application, as described in the PMP Handbook, is:

If you have a 4-year bachelor degree: Minimum 36 months of project management experience during which at least 4,500 hours were spent leading and directing the project.

If you don’t have a 4-year bachelor degree: Minimum of 60 months of project management experience during which at least 7,500 hours were spent leading and directing the project.

From your message it appears that you have the required project management experience but are lacking the leading and directing experience. Unfortunately, in that case your application will not be accepted by the PMI.

Unless you can demonstrate that you have spent time in leading and directing some of the projects during your 8-years of PM experience and fulfill the minimum hours requirement, I would recommend you to go for the CAPM certification instead.

Please let me know if you have any further queries.

Warm regards,

Khurram
11 years 4 months ago #2989

Saad AlShamrani

Hi all,

I have worked in IT department for 8 years as software developer. I didn't lead any project as project manager but I was part of the team who is gathering customer requirements and then start planning, executing, testing and monitoring the software for him (the customer is usually from other departments inside our company). Sometimes, I do only one phase of the five phases.

Now, I want to fill PMP application and apply for the exam. so, does my work acceptable by PMI as projects or not?

Waiting for a detailed response from our instructor Mr.Cornelius especially.
Saad

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login