fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Question on experience_Verification_Worksheet.xls

Question on experience_Verification_Worksheet.xls 12 years 4 months ago #2645

• Hiren Shah
  • Hiren Shah's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Cornelius:

I am referring your Experience_Verification_Worksheet_Template.xls for documenting my PM experience.

=============
Please identify and provide current information for your primary contact on this project so that PMI can verify your professional experience. Consultants: List the name of your employer and not your customer.
=============

I am confused " Consultants: List the name of your employer and not your customer." Why do I have to give my employer details and why not my not the immediate supervisor or project sponsor from my Customer side.

Hiren

Re:Question on experience_Verification_Worksheet.xls 12 years 4 months ago #2647

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 606
Hiren,

Sorry for any confusion!

In this case "Employer" means your supervisor information.

Many consultants think that if they work on a project for a customer that they need to provide customer contact information. But what you have to provide is employer contact information. So your supervisor is your employer contact information.
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC

Re:Question on experience_Verification_Worksheet.xls 11 years 1 month ago #3176

• Eric Bromey
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello,

I'm preparing the experience_Verification_Worksheet.xls and I have an additional question. I'm acting as freelance consultant. In other words, my supervisor is myself. Would this cause a problem ? Should I mention myself as contact or the customers ?

Best Regards
Eric Bromey

Re:Question on experience_Verification_Worksheet.xls 11 years 1 month ago #3179

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 606
Eric,

I would still note down your supervisor as your contact person. This is because your supervisor can be the contact person for multiple projects, making a review much easier on you, than having to write to several customers and get their input. You yourself can never be the contact person.

Also... PMI does not penalize you for the fact that you work for a small company. After all... there are probably more PMs working in small and very small companies in total than there are working in large ones. So PMI is aware of this and knows how to handle it.
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login