fbpx

Reply: Now what?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Now what?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
12 years 4 months ago #2630

Janus Gyan

Thank you, not only is doing my PMP very important to me, it is great being able to have a one-on-one with a professional.

Thank you.

Janus
12 years 4 months ago #2629

Cornelius Fichtner

Janus,

I assume your question is "Would owning my own business, which includes transportation and travel services to major tour operators/airlines count TOWARDS THE 4,500 / 7,500 EXPERIENCE HOURS."

Only you or PMI can answer that question.

Please write an email to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and tell them that you are planning to take the PMP exam. Explain what projects you were involved in and how you personally were leading and directing project tasks. Explain what tasks you were involved in and which tasks you where in charge of (= you were leading).

Now that you have written this down, don't click send. Instead, open up The PMP Exam Content Outline ( www.pmi.org/Certification/Project-Manage...ent_Outline_Aug.ashx ) and look at the tasks in the 5 domains. Does the work that you say you did on the projects meet these tasks? Where you in charge of these?

If you can honestly answer with "yes", then don't send the email because you have your answer already. Your experience hours count for the PMP exam. If you have some doubts, send the email.
12 years 4 months ago #2627

Janus Gyan

Would owning my own business, which includes transportation and travel services to major tour operators/airlines count?

Janus
12 years 4 months ago #2626

Cornelius Fichtner

Janus,

Sorry for not being 100% clear in the answer: Fill in your PMP exam application as soon as you fulfill all pre-requisites.

So yes... you need your 35 contact hours first (assuming that you have the 4,500 or 7,500 experience hours.)
12 years 4 months ago #2625

Janus Gyan

When I am applying online, I guess it would ask about my contact hours, and as I am not through with all the material on the Prepcast. Should I wait until I complete it?

-Janus
12 years 4 months ago #2624

Cornelius Fichtner

Janus,

Thanks for the kudos on the PrepCast. I'm glad that you like it!

The simple answer to your question is: As soon as possible.

The sooner you sign up & pay the fee the more motive you have to continue your studies and go take the test.

You mentioned that you have used the PrepCast & PMBOK so far for your studies. My recommendation would be to also answer as many practice questions as you possibly can. In this way you can gauge your readyness. Try these free ones here:

free.pm-exam-simulator.com
www.free-pm-exam-questions.com

Lastly... take a look at www.project-management-exam-guide.com/ which contains my recommendations for a solid approach in order to prepare for the exam.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login