fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Passed PMP on Aug 30th on First Attempt

Passed PMP on Aug 30th on First Attempt 12 years 6 months ago #2470

• Saurabh Gupta
  • Saurabh Gupta's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Everyone,

Passed my PMP exam on August 30th on my first try!
I would like to thank everyone on this forum who posted their experience and suggestions!

Used the following for my exam preparation-

1. Head First Pmp: A Brain-Friendly Guide to Passing the Project Management Professional Exam by Jennifer Greene and Andrew Stellman [Great book with exercises and questions in each chapter to facilitate learning]

2. The PMP Exam: How to Pass on Your First Try, Fourth Edition by Andy Crowe
[not very useful except the questions after each chapter and 200 questions at the end of the book]

3. PMBOK Guide 4th edition [read twice, line by line and highlighted important statements... this was really important for answering questions correctly]

4. PM Prepcast by OSP International LLC, for earning 35 credit hours. A good tool for a first pass.
www.project-management-prepcast.com/index.php/product/product

5. PM Exam Simulator by OSP International LLC. This was really extensive tool with 9 full exams, however I was only able to attempt 5 of them. Had some questions that challenged my reading of the PMBOK.. which was great!

6. BrainBok - used this to quiz myself occasionally

7. Several free resources online. {if you are using the free resources you might run into tests or samples that are very old and might not relate to PMBOK 4th edition]

The exam itself was not bad but keeping concentration for 4 hours is key and I was able to do that by attempting the full exams in PM Exam Simulator.
www.pm-exam-simulator.com/

Took me about 3 months of serious commitment of 10-15 hrs/week to be able to be confident for the exam.

Wish everyone taking the PMP exam the very best and if I can be of any help just post a question.

Also, special thanks to Cornelius Fichtner for his resources and this forum.

Saurabh
Last edit: by Saurabh Gupta.

Re:Passed PMP on Aug 30th on First Attempt 12 years 6 months ago #2471

• Amit Jain
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Congratulations Saurabh.
Just before Aug 31.. eh.. :)

I did mine on 27th. :)

Re:Passed PMP on Aug 30th on First Attempt 12 years 6 months ago #2474

• Saurabh Gupta
  • Saurabh Gupta's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks and Congrats to you too Amit !
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login