Welcome, Guest
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Passed PMP on Aug 30th on First Attempt

Passed PMP on Aug 30th on First Attempt 5 years 3 months ago #2470

• Saurabh Gupta
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Everyone,

Passed my PMP exam on August 30th on my first try!
I would like to thank everyone on this forum who posted their experience and suggestions!

Used the following for my exam preparation-

1. Head First Pmp: A Brain-Friendly Guide to Passing the Project Management Professional Exam by Jennifer Greene and Andrew Stellman [Great book with exercises and questions in each chapter to facilitate learning]

2. The PMP Exam: How to Pass on Your First Try, Fourth Edition by Andy Crowe
[not very useful except the questions after each chapter and 200 questions at the end of the book]

3. PMBOK Guide 4th edition [read twice, line by line and highlighted important statements... this was really important for answering questions correctly]

4. PM Prepcast by OSP International LLC, for earning 35 credit hours. A good tool for a first pass.
www.project-management-prepcast.com/index.php/product/product

5. PM Exam Simulator by OSP International LLC. This was really extensive tool with 9 full exams, however I was only able to attempt 5 of them. Had some questions that challenged my reading of the PMBOK.. which was great!

6. BrainBok - used this to quiz myself occasionally

7. Several free resources online. {if you are using the free resources you might run into tests or samples that are very old and might not relate to PMBOK 4th edition]

The exam itself was not bad but keeping concentration for 4 hours is key and I was able to do that by attempting the full exams in PM Exam Simulator.
www.pm-exam-simulator.com/

Took me about 3 months of serious commitment of 10-15 hrs/week to be able to be confident for the exam.

Wish everyone taking the PMP exam the very best and if I can be of any help just post a question.

Also, special thanks to Cornelius Fichtner for his resources and this forum.

Saurabh
Last Edit: 5 years 2 months ago by Saurabh Gupta.

Re:Passed PMP on Aug 30th on First Attempt 5 years 3 months ago #2471

• Amit Jain
  • Fresh Boarder
Congratulations Saurabh.
Just before Aug 31.. eh.. :)

I did mine on 27th. :)

Re:Passed PMP on Aug 30th on First Attempt 5 years 3 months ago #2474

• Saurabh Gupta
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks and Congrats to you too Amit !
Moderators: Yolanda Mabutas, Ahmed Amin, Scott Gillard, Michael DeCicco, Rahul Kakkar, Fernando Jr Sinlao Lim, Mary Kathrine Padua, Chris Preziotti, Lazard Toe, ITBMC, MPM, CIPM, PMP, ITIL, Christian Winter, Kevin Nason, Michael Sumaquial, PMP, Mark Wuenscher, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®