fbpx

Reply: PTA Calculations

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PTA Calculations

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
8 years 2 months ago #6765

Debbie Kiefiuk

Seems like a lot of calculations to remember and then apply. When taking mock exams I find that if I am not solid on the formulas I lose my concentration and focus. So I will have to really review these areas well to feel solid. Any suggestions? Are those of you who do well in finance or what background that makes it easier for you. I am better at statistics than these financial type of equations. Good discussion.
8 years 3 months ago #6699

Rahul Kakkar

adel wrote: im not understand the 1250 from where come , so please more clarification for 1250

Hi Adel,

As Amit mentioned, After PTA, any cost is seller's cost. Actual cost is 150,000.
So the seller has to bear an additional cost of Actual Cost - PTA = 150,000-148,750 = 1,250
So another $1,250 seller has to bear the burden, all from his/her pocket.

Hope this clarifies it.
8 years 3 months ago #6698

adel

's Avatar

im not understand the 1250 from where come , so please more clarification for 1250
9 years 9 months ago #4283

Robert Decraene

That is a great point, Jenna. I took the 5th edition of the PMP Exam and I did not encounter any questions that required me to calculate PTA during the exam. However, I did receive 1 or 2 questions that required me to understand the general concept of PTA and when it is used. I think it's very important to understand the underlying concepts of PTA, as well as the basic formula and calculations that are needed to properly execute the calculation during the exam. After all, it is probable that one will receive anywhere from 1-4 questions pertaining to PTA and that could be anywhere from 1-2% of one's total points earned on the exam.
9 years 10 months ago #4266

jenna

's Avatar

good question and good answers!
PTA is a somewhat "new" concept that from what i heard, is under the consideration of PMI to add PTA into its content in the future editions of PMBOK.

however, I have heard from numerous of my students that at least 3-5 questions were on PTA for edition 4 and also edition 5 exams. i personally did not receive any of the PTA questions but i would still recommend to prepare for it.

in addition, i had feedbacks on questions regarding TCPI, not just asking for its formula (as in edition 4 exams). HeadFirst has a good explanation on the application of TCPI, which i would recommend learning it for the exam, whether it might be part of the "uncounted" questions or not, it's better to be prepared than not to be!
12 years 7 months ago #2436

Saurabh Gupta

Thanks Amit!
The calculations really helped.
I guess I was not substracting the final amouunt (burden) for the seller.

Thanks again!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login