I also cannot justify the answer to this question.
It is from Oliver Lehmanns 75 question set -
9. In order to speed up a project, you made a decision to fast-track a phase currently performed with five team members and another one which was planned to begin in four weeks time with another five team members.
Which of the following activities should you do first?
1) Make sure that all exit criteria of the consecutive phase have been met to ensure the flow of communications in a team situation which is more complex by a factor of 2.
2) Make sure that all entry criteria of the previous phase have been met by planning and performing a phase gate meeting to assess technical aptness.
3) Make sure that all exit criteria of the previous phase have been met by planning and performing a phase gate meeting to assess technical performance.
4) Restructure your team and delegate tasks in order to ensure the flow of communications in a team with the number of communication channels increased by a factor of 4.5.
As always with sample questions: Please contact the original creator of the questions directly and ask them for clarification.
However, I looked into the first one that you asked (Report Performance and Distribute Information) and the explanation is as follows:
If you read the question, then you can see that the question speaks about "information [...] about resources used to achieve project objectives". In my point of view they are referring to "performance information". And performance information is specifically processed in the Report Performance process and not in the Distribute Information process.
However, to be sure, please contact the original question creator.
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC
Moderators: Yolanda Mabutas, Ahmed Amin, Scott Gillard, Mary Kathrine Padua, ERIC BARTLETT, Gail Freedman, Kevin Nason, Steven Mudrinich, PMP, Mark Wuenscher, PMP, John Wolverton, Tracy Shagnea, PMP, Jada Garrett
This interview with Simona Fallavollita (LinkedIn Profile) was recorded at the magnificient Project Management Institute (PMI)® Global Conference 2017 in Chicago, Illinois. We discuss the how, what, why and when of the changes that are coming to the PMP exam.