fbpx

Reply: Code of ethics

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Code of ethics

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
12 years 8 months ago #2259

Cornelius Fichtner

Anjali,

Often the exact wording of questions is quite important. Especially with ethics one word can make a huge difference in regards to what the correct answer is. And since it's not possible to reproduce it exactly, it's best to forget it.

My recommendation: Don't worry too much about this. Ask yourself this: How likely is it, that your PMP exam will contain this question? Answer: not very. But if the question does appear, then you will simply analyze the answers and select the one that fits best.

You shouldn't spend your energy on "minor" questions like this one.
12 years 8 months ago #2258

Anjali Riat

Hi,

The question is part of a PMP preparation workshop I attended in my office. The provider is QAI Global Institute.

They had given us handouts with the material and some sample questions.

The support provided by the institute was for a limited time only and that time has expired. Although I still have the material, I cannot contact them for the explanation, and I cannot remember what they had taught.

Can I reproduce the question here? I didn't do so the first time, because I was not sure about whether I could.

Regards,
Anjali
12 years 8 months ago #2257

Cornelius Fichtner

Anjali,

It's usually best to ask these kind of inquiries directly to the person who has created the sample exam question.

I'd love to give this one a shot, though, but in order to give you my thoughts, I would need to see the complete question and the 4 available answers. (Also: please always mention the source of where you have found a question that you post in our forums.)
12 years 8 months ago #2255

Anjali Riat

Hi,

I keep coming across this question on the code of ethics -

Someone joins my company with a lot of prior knowledge in my domain. Should I accept his/her ideas or not?

I keep finding different answers to this question. If I consider the real world, the reason for hiring someone, is his/her knowledge. What good is this knowledge if we cant use it. So as long as we don't use a patented technology belonging to some other organization, we should be good.

Can anyone help me figure out what the 'correct' answer to this question should be.

Thanks in advance,
Anjali

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login