Welcome, Guest
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Risk and Opportunities.

Risk and Opportunities. 5 years 5 months ago #2187

• Tarek Al-Fahham
  • Senior Boarder
A possible major redution in fuel prices in the future, where our Project depends on fuel as one of the major resources, is this considered as Risk / Opportunity ?

The reason why I am asking this question, becuase I understand from PrepCast, in general, the a Risk / Opportunity (+ve) is something that my seem bad in the beginning, but you can take advantage of it and you can make it +ve. I am refering to the example you mentioned in the PrepCast, where the number of visitors might be more than expected, and you cannot manage this.

Appreciate you clarification.

Tarek.
Last Edit: 5 years 5 months ago by Tarek Al-Fahham.

Re:Risk and Opportunities. 5 years 5 months ago #2196

• Adam Leslie
  • Junior Boarder
In studying from Rita's book, I learned this:

business risk: opportunity of a gain or a loss
pure risk (insurable): only risk of a loss
Regards,

Adam

Re:Risk and Opportunities. 5 years 5 months ago #2200

• Tarek Al-Fahham
  • Senior Boarder
So this menas, a possible reduction in fuel prices is a +ve business risk, right ?

Tarek.

Re:Risk and Opportunities. 5 years 5 months ago #2204

• Adam Leslie
  • Junior Boarder
I would say yes.
Regards,

Adam
Moderators: Yolanda Mabutas, Ahmed Amin, Scott Gillard, Michael DeCicco, Rahul Kakkar, Fernando Jr Sinlao Lim, Mary Kathrine Padua, Chris Preziotti, Lazard Toe, ITBMC, MPM, CIPM, PMP, ITIL, Christian Winter, Kevin Nason, Michael Sumaquial, PMP, Mark Wuenscher, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®