Welcome, Guest
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Probability and Impact Matrix - I am confused.

Probability and Impact Matrix - I am confused. 5 years 5 months ago #2184

• Tarek Al-Fahham
  • Senior Boarder
Ref. to the PMBok, I just noticed that "Probability and Impact Matrix" is part of the output in Plan Risk Management Process, and also, it is a tool and technique in Perform Qualitative Risk Analysis Process.

I read both sections from PMBok, and I could not tell the difference and the logic behind such duplication for using such term in two different places.

I also noticed that in PM PrepCast, such confusion is avoided, and Probability and Impact Matrix is not mentioned explicitly in Plan Risk Management, as a part of the output in Risk Management Plan. This is a good thing.

Appreciate your feedback on this matter.

Tarek.
Moderators: Yolanda Mabutas, Ahmed Amin, Scott Gillard, Michael DeCicco, Rahul Kakkar, Fernando Jr Sinlao Lim, Mary Kathrine Padua, Chris Preziotti, Lazard Toe, ITBMC, MPM, CIPM, PMP, ITIL, Christian Winter, Kevin Nason, Michael Sumaquial, PMP, Mark Wuenscher, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®