Welcome, Guest
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Scheduling the PMP Exam.

Scheduling the PMP Exam. 5 years 5 months ago #2094

• Tarek Al-Fahham
  • Senior Boarder
I am now all set to schedule the PMP Exam. I plan to take it in Cardiff, UK near the end of July (during my annual vacation). I have confirmed that there is a close test center in Cardiff where I will stay.

I will be flying to Cardiff in 2 weeks, and I want to schedule for the exam once I am settled in Cardiff. I must leave UK in early August. I want to take the exam while I am in UK, becuase if I am back to work, I will not be able to be focused for the exam.

How I can assess, ahead of time, the availability of seats for the exam in the test location in Cardiff?

I am just concerned that once I am in Cardiff, then I will not find available seats by the time I try to schedule the exam.

Tarek.

Re:Scheduling the PMP Exam. 5 years 5 months ago #2095

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • PrepCast Instructor
  • Thank you received: 157
The only way to ensure that you have a seat to take your exam is to go online to www.prometric.com/pmi and schedule the exam in the Cardiff center.
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC

Re:Scheduling the PMP Exam. 5 years 5 months ago #2097

• Tarek Al-Fahham
  • Senior Boarder
As per my understanding, I have to schedule for the exam at least 6 weeks before the planned date. This means I have to schedule it withing a few days from now.

I still find this realy too early as per current situation.

Tarek.

Re:Scheduling the PMP Exam. 5 years 5 months ago #2098

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • PrepCast Instructor
  • Thank you received: 157
Tarek,

Having to schedule 6 weeks ahead of time is not an official policy. It is a question of seat availability. It is different at every Prometric center. In some areas you will find seats available in the next 3 weeks, but in large cities, the seats quickly fill up, so you have to schedule it 6 or more weeks in advance.
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC
Moderators: Yolanda Mabutas, Ahmed Amin, Scott Gillard, Michael DeCicco, Rahul Kakkar, Fernando Jr Sinlao Lim, Mary Kathrine Padua, Chris Preziotti, Lazard Toe, ITBMC, MPM, CIPM, PMP, ITIL, Christian Winter, Kevin Nason, Michael Sumaquial, PMP, Mark Wuenscher, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®