fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Scheduling the PMP Exam.

Scheduling the PMP Exam. 12 years 9 months ago #2094

• Tarek Al-Fahham
  • Tarek Al-Fahham's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I am now all set to schedule the PMP Exam. I plan to take it in Cardiff, UK near the end of July (during my annual vacation). I have confirmed that there is a close test center in Cardiff where I will stay.

I will be flying to Cardiff in 2 weeks, and I want to schedule for the exam once I am settled in Cardiff. I must leave UK in early August. I want to take the exam while I am in UK, becuase if I am back to work, I will not be able to be focused for the exam.

How I can assess, ahead of time, the availability of seats for the exam in the test location in Cardiff?

I am just concerned that once I am in Cardiff, then I will not find available seats by the time I try to schedule the exam.

Tarek.

Re:Scheduling the PMP Exam. 12 years 9 months ago #2095

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 604
The only way to ensure that you have a seat to take your exam is to go online to www.prometric.com/pmi and schedule the exam in the Cardiff center.
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC

Re:Scheduling the PMP Exam. 12 years 9 months ago #2097

• Tarek Al-Fahham
  • Tarek Al-Fahham's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
As per my understanding, I have to schedule for the exam at least 6 weeks before the planned date. This means I have to schedule it withing a few days from now.

I still find this realy too early as per current situation.

Tarek.

Re:Scheduling the PMP Exam. 12 years 9 months ago #2098

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 604
Tarek,

Having to schedule 6 weeks ahead of time is not an official policy. It is a question of seat availability. It is different at every Prometric center. In some areas you will find seats available in the next 3 weeks, but in large cities, the seats quickly fill up, so you have to schedule it 6 or more weeks in advance.
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login