fbpx

Reply: Burn Rate and CPI.

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Burn Rate and CPI.

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 6 months ago #11899

Tracy Shagnea, PMP

The burn rate is the inverse of the CPI (i.e., 1/CPI). Or you can calculate it is AC/EV.

Cheers,

Tracy
6 years 6 months ago #11893

Inan Licop

's Avatar

So are we to use burn rate = 1/CPI or it is CPI itself?
12 years 10 months ago #2054

Tarek Al-Fahham

Hi Cornelius,

I am really excited, and can't wait to attend the Exam.

Thanks for the quick reply.

So, for now, I only need to know that CPI = EV / AC, regardless of how it is explained in term of ratio, becuase I got a little confused about how it was described in terms of ratio between page 2 and 8.

Tarek.
12 years 10 months ago #2053

Cornelius Fichtner

Tarek,

Based on our information and feedback from our students who have taken the exam, the Burn Rate has not come up as part of PMP Exam question. Therefore we did not include it in our formula guide. No need to make you learn something that isn't required.

As soon as students inform us that they encountered a new formula on the exam, then we will include it.
12 years 10 months ago #2052

Tarek Al-Fahham

I got this question on Google Group for PMP:

Qs. A project was assessed and the following Earned value data have been found: PV: $750,000 EV: $750,000 AC: $900,000 What is the Burn rate of the project?
A. 1.20
B. 1.10
C. 1.00
D. 0.83

If you know the answer, reply to your group with reason
or follow below instructions for the correct answer
- Visit pmbootcamp.org
- Click on FAQ
- Search below keyword
- PMBC4010

I didn't find any reference to Burn Rate in the PM Promula Guide which I purchased some time ago.

It was mentioned that Burn Rate is the reverse of CPI. Could you please update the formula guide to include such terms.

Also, after reading the Formula Study Guide PDF, in page 2 it mentiones that CPI is EV / AC, then in page 8 it is AC / EV.

Please clarify this matter.

Tarek.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login