fbpx

Reply: PMP exam subject matter concerns??

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMP exam subject matter concerns??

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
12 years 10 months ago #2042

Cornelius Fichtner

Jim,

Only about 75% (or thereabout) of the PMP Exam is directly related to content coming from the PMBOK Guide. The rest of the exam tests your knowledge of other areas, like general management theory, delegation, leadership, team management, which are all not specifically addressed in the PMBOK Guide.

The biggest problem here is that PMI doesn't exactly spell out which books to read in order to learn these other 25%. But trainers have received enough feedback over the years to know which subjects to teach in order to prepare you for all the questions that might come.

However, new questions and topics are added regularly to the exam. So it is possible that you will come across questions on a topic that is new. For instance, we got a lot of feedback from students in 2009 that we should add a section on "delegation" to our training. My guess is that in 2012 we will get some feedback that some basic "Agile" should also be added.

So it's a constant feedback loop from exam takers to the trainers to the new students.
12 years 10 months ago #2036

James Pfaff

I just received my Masters in PM Cert from Villanova U, and was instructed/taught a lot of info on PM Maturity Models, Proj Portfolio Mngmt, personality type stuff (MBTI). I have viewed the PMP Credential HNBK, and see the percentages in the PMP exam Blueprint sect, but are there questions in these areas I mention?

Thanks in advance!!

Jim

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login