fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Exam Application question

Exam Application question 13 years 1 week ago #1919

• Preethi Ram
  • Preethi Ram's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi,

I am getting ready to apply for PMP exam. I read the PMP handbook and found out I can include upto 8 years of PM work expereince on the application. I have a Masters degree and total of 6 yrs and 5 months work expereince, but only 4 years in Project Management which will total to 6700 hours. My question is Should I also include non PM experienece on the applciation or just the PM will do?

Thanks very much for your help!

Re:Exam Application question 13 years 1 week ago #1920

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 604
Preethi,

You have a masters degree. This means that you have to show 4,500 hours of experience in Project Management in the last 8 years.

Forget everything else. Just show the 4,500 hours of PM experience. (PMI doesn't care if you maybe worked as a used car salesman for 6 months... ;-)
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC

Re:Exam Application question 13 years 1 week ago #1921

• Preethi Ram
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thanks Cornelius,

One more question, I am currently going through your PMP podcast which is a very interesting product and I am completely satisfied so far. Should I have to take all the classes in the podcast before I go to Epsisode 99 for my course evaluation? Or Can I take the test after 2 weeks from the purchase date even without going through complete podcast?

Re:Exam Application question 13 years 1 week ago #1922

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 604
Preethi,

The PM PrepCast Final Exam gives you a certificate for 35 contact hours, which certifies that you have received 35 hours of PM related training.

The 2 week waiting period is our calculation of how long it takes our students on average to watch 35 hours of the PrepCast webinars.

This means that you should only take our Final Exam and receive your certificate if you have truly watched and receive the 35 hours of training.

Therefore: Watch 35 hours of training, then you can take our Final Exam. (The information on how/where to take this final exam is only given to you 2 weeks after your purchase to ensure that you follow this rule.)
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC

Re:Exam Application question 13 years 1 week ago #1923

• Preethi Ram
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Ok I got it, I am definitely going to go through the entire podcast for my preparation and learning purpose. But I was not just sure if I can complete the entire podcast in 2 weeks. And since I am refering other books and materials and my employer offered training sessions , I am feeling very confident in some areas already which I might plan to skip in podcast. Thats the reason I wanted to make sure If I can take the exam still If I miss a part of portion of the podcast.

But I understand your point and I respect that.

Thanks Cornelius.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login