fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: PMP Application project contact

PMP Application project contact 13 years 1 month ago #1861

• James OMalley
  • James OMalley's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I am the President and owner of a small 25 year old IT consulting company and have managed projects internally and for Federal and commercial customers under contracts.

I do not have a supervisor to list. Should I list myself or a client? The comapny is being dissolved within the next 60 days, hence I am going for my PMP certification for career employment help in the job market.

Re:PMP Application project contact 13 years 1 month ago #1862

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 604
James,

Well... you cannot put your own name down. You have to put another person's name here who can (in the case of an audit) verify that the information you have provided is indeed correct. It has to be someone involved in the project and familiar with your responsibilities.

So I recommend speaking to your trusted colleagues / subordinates / consulting clients and ask if they would be OK with your putting their names down.
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC

Re:PMP Application project contact 13 years 1 month ago #1866

• James OMalley
  • James OMalley's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks Cornelius,

Since subbordinate is not a contact category, I will use client.
I have printed most of the project hours detail from our billing system for my audit files. Also, if the company is closing, the subbordinate will not be available or have access to the billing details.

I doubt if the client will have the details, but I could provide them the details to approve in case of an audit.

Your thoughts?

Re:PMP Application project contact 13 years 1 month ago #1867

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 604
My tip: Tell your contact people about this before you submit the info to PMI. Tell them that "this is what I'll put down" and send them your documentation along (i.e. printouts). In that way, they know ahead of time what you'll write and they can complain to you instead of saying "No" to PMI and disqualifying you to take the exam.

(And yes: I only know 1 person to whom this disqualification has ever happened. But I'm sure that you don't want to be #2... right? ;-)
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login